Financial Institution Record Match (FIRM)
June 15, 2012
FIDM and FIRM NEWS FLASH!
As you may be aware, the Franchise Tax Board is responsible for the administration of both the Financial Institution Data Match (FIDM) for child support and the Financial Institution Records Match (FIRM) for tax. Although these data match processes benefit two different programs, because the methods and dates for transmitting data are the same, it is easy to get confused. Use caution when uploading your files.
The following details will help you upload the right file to the right location.
- The data match program that assists in the collection of delinquent child support accounts.
- FIDM files are ALWAYS uploaded to FTB through SWIFT.
- The FIDM program is managed by the Franchise Tax Board, Data Resources and Services Unit:
- The data match program that assists in the collection of delinquent tax accounts.
- FIRM files are ALWAYS uploaded to INFORMATIX through their secure web transfer system.
- The FIRM program is managed by Informatix: 866.576.5986, CATAX@informatixinc.com.