Redesigned Form 3500 Exemption Application and Booklet
We redesigned the form and booklet to:
- Increase clarity in the language and flow of the booklet.
- Improve guidance within the instructions in the booklet.
- Provide a more comprehensive checklist to ensure complete exemption application package.
- Include new schedules created for churches, hospitals, and credit counseling organizations.
- Provide space on the Exemption Application for answers (instead of asking to attach statements).
- Provide sample layout for organizing documents to ensure correct language is used for specific types of tax-exempt organizations.
- Assimilate federal exemption Forms 1023 and 1024 when possible.