How to Participate - City Business Tax Program
We will contact cities during the open registration period (typically January of each year), and solicit interest in our City Business Tax Program.
Interested cities will receive a Standard Agreement package to complete and sign. Mail your forms back to us by the due date specified (typically 8 weeks).
The city will need to:
- Mail two sets of forms with original signatures back to us by the due date specified (typically 8 weeks).
- Obtain a resolution, order, motion or ordinance stating that it is authorized to enter this agreement.
The Standard Agreement includes:
- Scope of Work
- General Terms and Conditions
- Special Terms and Conditions
- City Record Format Specifications
- FTB Record Layout Specifications
- Confidentiality Agreement
Once we receive your completed and signed forms, you will:
- Receive a fully executed original copy of your agreement
- Be registered for a Secure Web Internet File Transfer (SWIFT) Account
- Receive instructions on how to use SWIFT
- Transmit your file using SWIFT
- Receive and complete a Safeguard Questionnaire
Cities that do not complete the registration process will not be enrolled in the program, but will be placed in the queue for the next open registration period.
If you are interested in registering during the next open registration period, email LocalGovtLiaison@ftb.ca.gov or call 916.845.6304.