Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

Check Casher Businesses - General Information

Every check cashing business operating in California is required by law to have a permit. The permits are issued by the Attorney General's Department of Justice as part of their Check Casher Permit Program.

You are also required to file information returns with the Franchise Tax Board (FTB). This requirement went into effect on January 1, 2006.

Our purpose is to help you comply with information reporting requirements and file information returns.


Chat with an FTB Representative