Skip to Main Content

Return Information Notice - Code SL

We revised the claim for State Disability Insurance (SDI) or Voluntary Plan Disability Insurance (VPDI) because you did not file a timely claim. You must file the claim within three years of the due date of the tax return for the year the excess SDI/VPDI was paid. If you disagree with our action and want to protest, you must file a protest with the Employment Development Department within 30 days of the date of this notice.

Why did I receive this notice code?

We disallowed the amount you claimed for excess SDI/VPDI, because your return was to late. Claims for refund of paid excess SDI must be made within three years from the due date of the return.

What do I need to do?

File a protest and submit a claim to the Employment Development Department. You must file the protest within 30 days of the date of the notice. With your protest, include:

  • A copy of the FTB notice
  • A copy of the form(s) W-2
  • An explanation of the protest

Mail your protest to:

EDD, FUTA/SDI Certification Unit
PO Box 826880, MIC-5
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001

You can also call EDD at 916.654.8333.

General Information about your notice.

Help Us Improve Our Website

Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.

Thank you for your help.

If you need assistance, contact us.

Oops! Something went wrong.

We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later

Chat with an FTB Representative

You are leaving

We do not control the destination site and cannot accept any responsibility for its contents, links, or offers. Review the site's security and confidentiality statements before using the site.

If you have any issues or technical problems, contact that site for assistance.

Ahora está saliendo de

Nosotros no controlamos el sitio web al que se destina y no podemos aceptar ninguna responsabilidad por su contenido, enlaces, u ofertas. Revise las declaraciones de seguridad y confidencialidad del sitio antes de usar el sitio. Si tiene algún problema en general o técnico, comuníquese con ese sitio para obtener asistencia.

Si tiene algún problema en general o técnico, comuníquese con ese sitio para obtener asistencia.