Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Project Information
EDR was the first phase of the Tax Systems Modernization effort. The project focused on creating process improvements resulting in efficiencies, new service options and increased revenue. The project spanned five years, 2011 to 2016, and generated approximately $3.7 billion in additional revenue over the life of the project and an additional $1 billion annually.
EDR included five major components:
- New Return Processing System. Automated processes with real-time validation, data capture and fraud detection for personal income tax and business entity returns.
- Improved Analytics. Centralized warehouse making data accessible to legacy systems, users and enterprise data modeling mart.
- New Self-Service Options for Taxpayers and Representatives. Secure access to online tax information and services, such as viewing returns, payments, withholding, chat, send message and much more.
- Business Improvements. Correspondence imaged and routed electronically allowing for efficient case assignment and processing of work.
- Improved Legacy Systems. Improved notices for taxpayers and enhanced enforcement tools for collection staff.
EDR brought s more self-service options and account information to MyFTB for taxpayers and representatives. New features included:
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 07.11.2018