Franchise Tax Board Extends Phone Hours for the Final Stretch of Tax Season
Released April 11, 2008
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) is extending the toll-free phone service hours just in time for last minute tax help.
FTB staff will be available to assist English and Spanish-speaking taxpayers at (800) 852-5711 on:
- Saturday, April 12 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 14 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 15 from 7:00 a.m. to midnight.
“Nearly five million Californians are expected to file their returns in the next few days,” said State Controller and FTB Chair John Chiang. “Expanding our service hours will allow more of those taxpayers to get personal and professional help.”
Taxpayers can also access a number of resources online at www.ftb.ca.gov:
- E-file tax returns for free using ReadyReturn, California’s completed return program or CalFile, California’s e-file program available to more than 6 million taxpayers.
- Check a tax refund status.
- Check an account status for payments made or a balance due. Claiming the wrong estimated tax amounts is the top filing error.
- Choose a payment option, including Web Pay, FTB’s online payment program.
- Apply for an installment payment plan.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Get tax forms and publications.
Editors note: Link to b-roll of FTB's processing facility: http://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/press/index.shtml#nr3 For a broadcast quality copy, please contact us.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later