Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

HRA public service announcements from State Controller and FTB Chair John Chiang

Text version

Hello, I’m John Chiang, California State Controller.

It’s time to file for your Homeowner and Renter assistance payment. We have hundreds of volunteer sites in California with people who can help determine if you qualify or help you complete your claim form.

If you are age 62, blind or disabled, you may be qualified to get up to $472 from the State.

Find out where you can get free help. Log on to or call 800-868-4171.

Chat with an FTB Representative