Free State Tax Help Available Online
Media Contact Only
Public Affairs Office
For Immediate Release
Sacramento—With only a few weeks left in the tax filing season, the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) reminds taxpayers about free online tax help online.
“Taxpayers can save time and money with these free online services,” said State Controller and FTB Chair John Chiang. “Taxpayers can get their refunds direct-deposited in 7-10 days when they use CalFile or ReadyReturn.”
Taxpayers can access a number of resources at FTB’s website: ftb.ca.gov including:
- e-file your tax return for free using ReadyReturn. Qualified taxpayers have a completed tax return ready and waiting for them.
- CalFile, California’s free and direct e-file program available to more than 6.4 million taxpayers.
- MyFTB Account to check for estimated tax payments, recent payments made to a balance due, look up California wage and withholding information, change your address, or set up email reminders for estimate tax payments.
- Make tax payments online using Web Pay or your credit card. New this year is the ability to save your bank account number for future use, to view scheduled Web Pay requests, and to cancel a payment.
- Check your refund status.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Get tax forms and publications.
- Find a location to pick up a tax booklet.
Editor’s note: TV News: Link to b-roll of FTB’s processing facility. For a broadcast quality copy, please contact us.
For more information on other taxes and fees in California, visit: taxes.ca.gov.
Connect With Us
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later