State promotes free tax help online
Media Contact Only
Public Affairs Office
For Immediate Release
Sacramento – With only a few more weeks to go in the tax filing season, the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) reminds taxpayers of the free tax help available online.
“Taxpayers can save time and money with these online services,” said State Controller and FTB Chair John Chiang. “Refunds can be direct-deposited in 7-10 days when a taxpayer uses CalFile or ReadyReturn for their state tax returns.”
Taxpayers can access a number of resources online at FTB’s homepage, including:
- e-file your tax return for free using ReadyReturn. Qualified taxpayers have a completed tax return ready and waiting for them.
- CalFile, California’s free and direct e-file program available to more than 6.4 million taxpayers.
- Use MyFTB Account to check for estimated tax payments, recent payments made to a balance due, look up California wage and withholding information, change your address, or set up email reminders for estimate tax payments.
- Make tax payments online through Web Pay or a credit card.
- Check your refund status.
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Get tax forms and publications.
- Pick up a tax booklet.
TV News: Link to b-roll of FTB’s processing facility and scroll to media clips. For a broadcast quality copy, please contact us.
For more information on other taxes and fees in California, visit: taxes.ca.gov.