New Services Available in MyFTB Effective September 25, 2017
October 11, 2017
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff and tax professionals of additional services available in MyFTB effective September 25, 2017:
- Non-Power of Attorney representatives will be able to view most of their client’s notices, correspondence, and proposed assessments.
- Power of Attorney (POA) representatives will be able to defer the Filing Enforcement (FE) Notice of Proposed Assessment finalization date for an Individual FE proposed assessments for 30 days. This will allow the taxpayer additional time to file their valid tax return.
- Both will be able to update their own contact information.
- View Notices, Correspondence, and Notices of Proposed Assessments (NPA)
Non-POA representatives with a MyFTB account can view most:
- Client’s notices and correspondence.
- Messages sent to and from FTB.
- Proposed assessment (PA) notices and details.
They will not be able to protest the PA or update/withdraw the protest.
POA representatives will still continue to receive email notifications when their client receives a notice from FTB if the email address has been included on the POA declaration.
- Defer Individual Filing Enforcement (FE) Notice of Proposed Assessment Finalization Date
POA representatives can submit an online request to defer their individual client’s FE NPA for 30 days. This option, if deferral is available, allows the taxpayer 30 days to file the required tax return.
- Update Contact Information and ID Numbers
Tax professionals can update their contact information and professional ID numbers in MyFTB. They can add, edit and remove their: name, address, phone, email address and professional ID numbers. Additionally, they can choose a preference for contact information.
If a taxpayer or representative contacts us about questions, offer assistance to resolve their question, and refer them to the September Tax News, MyFTB Corner articles.
Can call the Tax Practitioner Hotline, with any comments or questions weekdays 8 AM to 5 PM, except state holidays.
Individuals or Businesses
Can call Taxpayer Services Center Section, weekdays 7 AM to 5 PM, except state holidays.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later