Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) – Business Entity (BE) Broadcast Message Campaign
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff that on January 8, 2013, the Accounts Receivable Management Division (ARM) is initiating a business entity broadcast message campaign.
Implemented as part of the EDR outbound contact early initiative, the BE broadcast campaign delivers a telephone message to business entities whose cases are still in the voluntary collection cycle. The message guides entities to resolve their collection cases through our interactive voice response (IVR) at 888.426.9107. Entities who call the IVR will be given the option to transfer to a collector during normal business hours, who will work with them to resolve their case.
If an entity calls another telephone number instead of the toll-free number provided in the outbound message:
- Verify the message included the toll-free number above, if so:
- Inform the entity the message was from us.
- Follow your unit procedures.
- If an entity calls and states we reached a wrong number:
- Perform normal security and disclosure procedures.
- Perform a search by telephone number in Accounts Receivable Collection System to verify the incorrect number.
- Delete the telephone number in Business Entity Tax System.