Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) – Business Entity (BE) Broadcast Message Campaign
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff that on January 8, 2013, the Accounts Receivable Management Division (ARM) is initiating a business entity broadcast message campaign.
Implemented as part of the EDR outbound contact early initiative, the BE broadcast campaign delivers a telephone message to business entities whose cases are still in the voluntary collection cycle. The message guides entities to resolve their collection cases through our interactive voice response (IVR) at (---.---.----). Entities who call the IVR will be given the option to transfer to a collector during normal business hours, who will work with them to resolve their case.
If an entity calls another telephone number instead of the toll-free number provided in the outbound message:
- Verify the message included the toll-free number above, if so:
- Inform the entity the message was from us.
- Follow your unit procedures.
- If an entity calls and states we reached a wrong number:
- Perform normal security and disclosure procedures.
- Perform a search by telephone number in Accounts Receivable Collection System to verify the incorrect number.
- Delete the telephone number in Business Entity Tax System.
NOTE: ((---)) = Indicates obsolete information.