Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Business Entity (BE) Outbound Contact Early Initiative
Purpose of bulletin
To inform staff that on September 12, 2012, we will implement the EDR BE Outbound Contact Early Initiative.
On June 29, 2012, we implemented an automated dialer for outbound collection calls for personal income taxpayers. We will expand the automated calling system to include business entities.
The automated dialer will call BE taxpayers during normal business hours and immediately connect them with a collector. If the automated dialer does not connect with a taxpayer, it will leave a message instructing the taxpayer to call toll-free number 866.750.7571. BE taxpayers who call the toll-free number will be given the option to transfer to a collector during normal business hours, who will work with them to resolve their case.
If a taxpayer calls us using a telephone number other than the toll-free number provided in the outbound messages:
- Verify the message included the toll-free number above; if verified:
- Inform the taxpayer the message was from FTB
- Follow your unit procedures
If a taxpayer calls and states FTB reached a wrong number:
- Perform normal security and disclosure
- Perform a “search by phone number” to verify the incorrect number
- Delete the telephone number