Expansion of the Interagency Intercept Collection Program
Purpose of bulletin
To inform staff that beginning January 2, 2012, we will implement a pilot program to expand the Interagency Intercept Collection (IIC) program to offset income tax refunds for C corporations, S corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, limited liability companies treated as partnerships, limited liability companies treated as corporations, and exempt organizations with unrelated business income.
We administer the IIC program on behalf of the State Controller’s Office for individual tax refunds, lottery winnings, and unclaimed property payments to apply to state and local debts. Over 300 agencies participate in the program including Board of Equalization and the Employment Development Department.
Nineteen city, county, and state agencies will participate in the year-long pilot. The pilot will then be evaluated for full implementation in the future.
Government Code Sections 12419.2, 12419.3, 12419.5, and 12419.7 authorizes the IIC program.
The following notices will be sent to entities notifying them of the intercept.
- Pre Intercept Notice – Participating agencies send this notice at least 30 days before referring debts to the IIC program
- FTB Form 5947D, Zero Balance Refund Return Information Notice, with FTB Form 5949, Return Information Notice Explanation
- FTB Form 4141B, Agency Offset Notice
Refer entities that received a notice regarding intercept funds to:
- Interagency Intercept Desk at 916.845.5344
- FTB/Intercept Desk, PO Box 2966, MS A460, Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-2966
Direct media contacts to:
- Public Affairs at 916.845.4800