HRA program changes for the 2007 claim year
PURPOSE OF BULLETIN
To inform staff of changes to the Homeowner and Renters Assistance Program for the 2007 claim year.
INCOME LIMITATION INCREASE
The total household income limitation for the 2006 calendar year is increased to $42,770.
The gross household income limitation for the 2006 calendar year is increased to $77,762.
MAXIMUM AMOUNT UNCHANGED
The maximum amount of homeowner or renter assistance is unchanged from the 2006 claim year:
- $472.60 for homeowner assistance
- $347.50 for renter assistance
REGISTERED DOMESTIC PARTNERS
Recently enacted law requires Registered Domestic Partners (RDP) to be treated as married couples when applying California benefits including HRA. Consequently, RDPs follow the same requirements as married couples when qualifying for HRA benefits. References in the HRA instructions to a spouse, a husband, or a wife also refer to an RDP under California law.
For additional information on Registered Domestic Partners, go to the Secretary of State Website.
WHEN ARE FORMS BEING MAILED?
Direct mailing of the 2007 HRA booklets to claimants who filed last year began on June 15, 2007. Claimants should receive their booklets by July 2, 2007.
HRA CLAIM FORM CHANGES
For the 2007 claim year:
- Foreign language booklets are only in Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Russian on the FTB Website.
- The proof of disability document list now includes A Notice of Approval Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI).
WHERE TO GET FORMS AND PUBLICATIONS
Beginning June 15, 2007, HRA forms and publications are available through the:
AUTOMATED TELEPHONE NUMBER
Beginning June 15, 2007, claimants can use the automated telephone number (800) 868-4171 to:
- Order 2007 claim year HRA forms.
- Hear answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).
- Check the status of their current year claims after July 1, 2007.