Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Project Information
The Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Project addresses modernizing our enterprise operations and systems. This means more efficient operations throughout the department, better customer service, maximized transparency, and more revenue: about a billion dollars more annually by the end of the project.
The EDR Project kicked off on July 1, 2011 and is scheduled to end on December 31, 2016. The EDR Project will generate about $4.7 billion in additional revenue over the project reporting period.
The EDR Project includes five major components:
- New Return Processing System. Automated processes with real-time validation, data capture and fraud detection for personal income tax and business entity returns.
- Improved Analytics. Centralized warehouse making data accessible to legacy systems, users and enterprise data modeling mart.
- New Self-Service Options for Taxpayers and Representatives using the MyFTB website. Secure access to online tax information and services, such as viewing returns, payments, withholding, chat, send message and much more.
- Business Improvements. Correspondence imaged and routed electronically allowing for efficient case assignment and processing of work.
- Improved Legacy Systems. Improved notices for taxpayers and enhanced enforcement tools for collection staff.
The EDR Project brings more self-service options to MyFTB Account (Taxpayer Folder). Starting in July 2015, taxpayers or their representative may use MyFTB Account to:
- File tax returns.
- View tax return data.
- Check processing status of tax returns.
- Access processing timeframes for returns and payments.
- Make and view payments.
- Access, update, and send correspondence.
- View bills and notices.
- View and update address and contact information.
- Set contact and delivery preferences. For example, if text message is preferred, a text message will be sent to the taxpayer notifying them that they have mail in the Taxpayer Folder.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later