FTB's 5-Year Customer Service Plan
Watch video (Video is in Windows Media Format)
Text of video
Customer Service is a high priority for FTB, and we always try to provide the best service possible. We're adopting a "one and done" philosophy that delivers our services quickly and efficiently. This means we'll try to address all customer issues at the first point of contact, especially via the internet, since it's available 24/7. And we're constantly improving our Website so you can find what you want as you need it. By improving our technology, we provide even stronger customer service.
To make our vision happen FTB created the Customer Service Committee to lead us to being more proactive about customer service. We plan to make solid improvements over the next 5 years by:
- Hiring, training, and evaluating employees for customer service.
- Making "one and done" interactions part of the way we do business.
- Increasing quality of review.
- Providing cross training for a better base of knowledge among our employees because we should continue to concentrate on finding the "correct result" rather than on "winning."
- Improving service by getting everyone involved in customer service decisions so we're all on the same page. We want our leaders "walking the talk" because we know change starts at the top.
- Improving service by revising our bills and notices so they can be more easily understood.
By surveying and listening to taxpayer groups, we're learning what you want and need.
It will take an ongoing commitment and partnership with California tax professionals to achieve these goals. We value their input in resolving taxpayer issues.
If you have comments on how FTB can provide better customer service, please write us at webmaster.
Because good customer service is what everyone deserves.