Save the Date: 2015 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference
Your colleagues will convene in La Jolla at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines to attend the premier California tax education event from November 4 through 6. All tax professionals may attend.
Distinguished speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker, Betty Yee, California State Controller
- Jozel Brunett, Chief Counsel, California State Franchise Tax Board
- Randy Ferris, Chief Counsel, California State Board of Equalization
- Gregory Matson, Deputy Executive Director, Multistate Tax Commission
Featured California Tax Policy Conference Courses
- 2014 and 2015 California Tax Legislation Policy-Makers at Work
- Blue Light Special! Finding the "Market" in California's New Market-based Sourcing Rules
- Going Nuts Over the Complexities of the Sales Tax on Food and the Possibility of Reform
- Is it a Plane, an Automobile or a Computer? Exploration of California's Property Tax Software Exemption
- Exploring the Facts and Circumstances of "Non-Business" Income
- To Regulate or Not to Regulate in California: Isn't there a Regulation for That?
- 2015 SALT Litigation Cliff's Notes
- I Swear it Wasn't Willful Neglect! Making the Case for Penalty Abatement in California
- Breaking Ground: California's First-Ever New Statewide Partial Sales & Use Tax Exemption for Manufacturing and R & D
- Chief Counsel Roundtable
Other Topics and Credits
Expert panels will also cover the latest developments in:
- The federal taxation of corporate and other business entities
- International tax
- Tax legislation
- Tax policy
The panels will feature many distinguished federal tax speakers.
You can earn up to 12.5 hours of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) and Legal Specialization Credit.
Program Schedule and Registration
Look for the program schedule and registration in the upcoming months. For up-to-date information, go to the State Bar of California or call 415.538.2585.