2016 Annual Meeting of the California Tax Bar and California Tax Policy Conference
Your colleagues will convene in San Diego at the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to attend the premier California tax education event from October 26 through 28. All tax professionals are invited to attend.
Distinguished speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker, Selvi Stanislaus, Executive Officer, California Franchise Tax Board
- Jozel Brunett, Chief Counsel, California Franchise Tax Board
- Robert Tucker, Acting Chief Counsel, California State Board of Equalization
- Susan Maples, Taxpayers' Rights Advocate, California Franchise Tax Board
- Todd Gilman, Taxpayers' Rights Advocate, California State Board of Equalization
Featured California Tax Policy Conference Courses
- The Market-Based Sourcing Rules: Flexibility is Good, Right?
- Did You Catch the Fight? — An Update on Recent SALT Litigation
- The Third Rail on a Train to Nowhere: Update on Proposition 13
- When Sudoku Fails to Challenge: State Tax Considerations for Pass-Through Entities
- Economic and Factor Presence Nexus: What Are the Limits?
- Hindsight is 20/20: The Legislative Year in Review
- Spotlight on 1031s: Revisiting the FTB’s Focus on Claimed 1031 Transactions
- Eleventh Hour Options: Helping Clients When It’s Almost Too Late
- Tax Reform or Tax Increase? — California’s Consideration of a Sales Tax on Services
- Win/Win? How to Help Your Clients Avail Themselves of the Credits and Incentives Still Available
- Believe It or Not, There Is More to Corporate Restructurings than Just Layoffs
- Case in “Chief”: Insights from the Chief Counsels
- Advanced Legal Writing Boot Camp
Other Topics and Credits
Expert panels will also cover the latest developments in regards to:
- The federal taxation of corporate and other business entities
- International tax
- Tax legislation
- Tax policy
The panels will feature many distinguished federal tax speakers.
You can earn up to 14.5 hours of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), Legal Specialization, CPE & EA credit.
Program Schedule and Registration
You can access the program schedule and registration at: http://taxation.calbar.ca.gov/Education/TaxAnnualMeetingandTaxPolicyConference.aspx.