California Tax Policy Conference
The Taxation Section of the California State Bar with the Franchise Tax Board and State Board of Equalization present the 2013 California Tax Policy Conference.
On November 7 through 9, your colleagues will convene in San Jose at the Fairmont Hotel to attend the premier California tax event. All tax professionals are invited to attend. The deadline to make reservations at the Fairmont Hotel is October 8. The hotel may sell out before that time, so call 800.345.5550 today, and identify yourself as part of the State Bar of California Taxation Section group.
State and local tax programs
This year's conference features 18 state and local tax programs. Timely topics to be discussed include:
- To conform or not to conform: What's all the fuss about?
- Taxpayer confidential: Exception for inter-agency information sharing
- The sales tax warriors: Defending against mark-up audits in the golden state
- It can be expensive to be a responsible party
- Nexus maybe: Doing business in California
- 2013 SALT cases that promise to shake up the landscape
- BOE / FTB audit red fights: Illuminating the dirty dozen
- The ugly duckling taxes: California property, local and special taxes
- Intangibles: You can't touch, but they may tax
- California budget and legislation: 2013 in review
- "The View," with special guest hosts, members of the BOE
- Behave! Ethics in state and local tax
- Shave and a haircut: (Two) Thoughts on the future of the multistate tax compact after Gillette
- Sick and tired of bad tax treatment? Come here to discuss litigation remedies!
- Knowing your audience — Winning a tax dispute in state court
- What, me worry? California personal income tax issues worth discussing in a largely corporate setting
- California chief counsel roundtable
- Navigating California's administrative appeals process
Award and keynote luncheons
- Thursday, November 7, 12:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Opening luncheon with keynote debate on Prop 13 and presentation of the Benjamin F. Miller award
- Saturday, November 9, 12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Closing luncheon with keynote address by the IRS taxpayer advocate and presentation of the V. Judson Klein and Joanne M. Garvey awards
Register on or before October 15 to take advantage of reduced Early-Bird fees. To register now and see a complete listing and description of the state tax programs at this year's event, see the conference brochure.