Reminder: update your client’s address October 2019 Tax News

In order for us to effectively communicate with your client, please remind them to make sure that we have their most current address. This will help your client receive:

  • Important notices or other correspondence
  • Refunds in a timely manner

Each year, we receive a large amount of returned refunds due to incorrect addresses.

We understand that there are many responsibilities when moving and changing their address with us may not be first on your client’s list. We ask for your assistance to ensure we have your client’s current address, even if it is out of state.

Here are a few ways your client can report a change of address:

  • Create an account on MyFTB. Complete a one-time registration process to create a login account. You can then login to view your account information or update your address and phone number online.
  • Timely file a personal income tax return with the correct and up to date address information.
  • If they pay estimated tax, mail your estimate voucher (Form 540-ES) with the full and correct address information.
  • Mail a change of address form, for individuals (FTB 3533) and for businesses (FTB 3533-B).