MyFTB Corner July 2018 Tax News
Requesting full online account access to your client’s information
Beginning June 24, when a new Power of Attorney (POA) or Tax Information Authorization (TIA) relationship is established, Tax Professionals with a MyFTB account will automatically be granted Limited Online Account Access once we have verified that relationship. See our May Tax News article, Security Changes Coming to MyFTB, and June Tax News article, Taxpayer Authorization Needed for Full Online Account Access, for more details.
Relationships established on or before June 24, 2018
You will continue to have Full Online Account Access to your client’s online information in MyFTB if you had an active Tax Professional MyFTB account. You will retain full online access until the relationship is revoked or expires. For TIA relationships, if the TIA relationship is not renewed in MyFTB prior to expiring, you will need to establish a new relationship and the new process described below will apply.
Relationships established after June 24, 2018
You will automatically be granted Limited Online Account Access when the relationship is approved by us. To get Full Online Account Access, you must request it and your client must approve your request.
- How the New Process Works
- After we approve the TIA or POA relationship between a taxpayer and a tax professional, you are immediately granted Limited Online Account Access to your client’s MyFTB information.
- If you request Full Online Account Access, we will mail your client an Authorization Code they can use to approve or deny your request.
- If your client approves your request, you will immediately have Full Online Account Access to their MyFTB account information.
- If your client denies your request or does not respond to the letter, you will retain Limited Online Account Access.
Limited vs. Full Online Account Access
We’ve listed what tax professionals can view or actions they can take for each access level in MyFTB.
This applies to information available online using MyFTB. There is no change to the information you can receive by phone, chat or in person with an active POA or TIA relationship.
|Authorization Type||Limited Online Account Access (Granted by FTB when relationship is approved)||Full Online Account Access (Authorized by Taxpayer)|
|POA||All of the above applies for the tax year(s) listed on the POA declaration.
||All of the above applies for the tax year(s) listed on the POA declaration, plus:
For the most current updates go to Tax professional online account access.