February 2019Tax News
Tax News is designed to inform tax professionals about state income tax laws; our regulations, policies, and procedures; and events that affect the tax professional community.
- What’s new for filing 2018 tax returns
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration sponsored small business tax seminars will begin soon
Small business owners and tax professionals can learn up-to-date information about compliance issues, filing requirements, and changes in tax laws.
- How to work with auditors before your power of attorney (POA) relationship is approved
When taxpayers receive an Initial Contact Letter (ICL) for an audit, they may retain an individual or entity to represent them in working with our Audit staff.
- Victims of disasters receive more time to file and pay
Disaster loss rules apply to victims in Governor-declared or presidentially-declared disaster areas.
- Interagency Intercept Collection Program - Update
We administer the Interagency Intercept Collection (IIC) program on behalf of the State Controller's Office.
- Ask the Advocate
2019 tax season is here
- Chief Counsel Corner
Office of Tax Appeals Decision - Appeal of Larsen
- MyFTB Corner
How to retain full online account access to your client’s account on MyFTB
- All about business
Reporting federal partnership audit adjustments to California
- Event calendar
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: firstname.lastname@example.org