Tax News August 2019
- Amending a personal income tax return
For taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2017, Schedule X has replaced California Form 540X, Amended Individual Income Tax Return.
- Gig economy information and resources available for you and your clients
Here at the FTB we would like to remind you of the many resources that are available regarding the gig economy or shared economy.
- California Competes Tax Credit first application period announcement for fiscal year 2019/2020
The California Competes Tax Credit (CCTC) is an income or franchise tax credit available to businesses that want to come to or stay and grow in California.
- Tax Appeals Assistance Program update
As previously mentioned in our January issue of Tax News, the Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate Office at the FTB began administering the franchise and income tax portion of the Tax Appeals Assistance Program (TAAP).
- Schedule K-1 and withholding
If you prepare Schedule K-1 and there is a withholding credit, below are some items you may need to consider.
- New advocates for CDTFA and GO-Biz
- The Taxpayer’s Right to Representation
Did you know that FTB has an official policy in place that covers a taxpayer’s right to representation?
- Ask the Advocate
It is always good to hear from you!
- MyFTB Corner
MyFTB is now mobile-friendly!
- All About Business
Reminder: S Corporations need to file their form 100S by September 16, 2019
- Event Calendar
Have a topic or tax question you’d like us to address? We want to hear from you! Submit your ideas to us: firstname.lastname@example.org