September 21, 2018, board meeting agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Friday, September 21, 2018, at 1:30 PM
Franchise Tax Board
9646 Butterfield Way
Town Center, Gerald Goldberg Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95827
Item 1. Approval of minutes
Minutes of the June 5, 2018, Board meeting – board approval.
Item 2. Operational excellence in action – business process improvement
Item 3. Management development program project/gig economy
Item 4. Fraud update
Item 5. Legislative update
Item 6. Regulation matters
Regulation Section 23663-6 assignment of credits – eligible assignees and reorganizations - staff report and board action
Item 7. Administrative matters
A. 2019-20 Budget change proposals – board approval
- Human resources disciplines
- Customer service (PI to Perm) - tax practitioner hotline
- Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure refresh project
- Mainframe Enterprise Tape Library refresh
- Withholding Services and Compliance permanent staffing increase
- Technical adjustment
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) age and income expansion
B. Contracts over $1 million - board approval
- IBM passport advantage software
Item 8. Resolution for coverage for FTB volunteers
Item 9. Executive officer's time
Executive Officer’s opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 10. Board members' time
Members’ opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
- This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
- When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items.
- This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available at http://www.ftb.ca.gov/ under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
- If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request.
To place your request, contact Ellen Clemente:
- (916) 845-3651 or