June 5, 2018 board meeting agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at 1:30 PM
Franchise Tax Board
9646 Butterfield Way
Town Center, Gerald Goldberg Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95827
Item 1. Approval of minutes
Minutes of the April 12, 2018, board meeting – board approval.
Item 2. Customer experience – management development program project
Item 3. Enterprise Data to Revenue 2 (EDR2) annual update
Item 4. 2018 Filing season update
Item 5. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
update – helping those in need
Item 6. Federal conformity report
Item 7. Discussion of legal ruling 2017-01
Item 8. Administrative matters
- Conceptual 2019/2020 BCP's – informational item
- Customer service/ tax practitioner hotline
- Withholding Services and Compliance Section workloads
- HR disciplines
- Mainframe workload growth
- Enterprise tape library refresh project
- LAN infrastructure refresh project
- Tax Appeal Assistance Program
- Capital outlay
- Facilities items – board approval
- Houston field office - new lease
- Contracts over $1 million – board approval
- Genesys software maintenance renewal
Item 9. Executive officer's time
Executive officer’s opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 10. Board members' time
Members’ opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation, within the meaning of Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2), including Hubers v. Franchise Tax Board, Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Diego, Case No, 37-2016-00045238.
Closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(1).
- This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
- When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items.
- This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available at http://www.ftb.ca.gov/ under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request.
To place your request, contact Ellen Clemente:
- (916) 845-3651 or