Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

Return Information Notice - Code 11

We disallowed the contribution you requested. Unless you have filed a timely return, we cannot allow a credit or refund after the later of:

  1. Four years from the original due date of the return;
  2. Four years from the date you filed the return, if filed within the extension period, or
  3. One year from the date you overpaid your income taxes

Why did I receive this notice code?

In order to contribute to a certain fund you need to have an available overpayment. Your overpayment is available only during the California statute of limitation period. By law, the statute of limitations period is the time during which you may file a claim for refund.  If that time has expired when you file a tax return, the credit for the overpayment becomes unavailable.

Revenue and Taxation Code section 19306

What do I need to do?

If you agree, just update your records. You do not need to contact us.

If you do not agree, please contact us.

General Information about your notice.

Chat with an FTB Representative