Bills and Notices
Why Do I Owe?
There are many reasons why you may have received a bill or notice from us. Read about common notices and bills to see what actions you can take to address your bill and learn more about the debt collection process.
Your Bill Details
Log in to MyFTB Account to get further information about your tax debt.
Press enter to show or hide Tax Debt content Tax Debt
The resources below will help if you owe money on your taxes.
- Why do I owe?
- Why did I receive a Return Information Notice or Notice of Tax Change?
- Respond to a request or demand for tax return
- About your tax audit
- Respond to head of household audit letter
- Why was my refund offset?
- Private Debt Collection Program
Press enter to show or hide Court-Ordered Debt content Court-Ordered Debt
Press enter to show or hide Vehicle Registration Debt content Vehicle Registration Debt
Garnishments and Debt Resolution Options
Press enter to show or hide Individuals content Individuals
Press enter to show or hide Employers content Employers
Press enter to show or hide Businesses content Businesses
To prevent future collection action be sure to:
- Pay and file your taxes on time.
- Adjust your withholding to cover the tax due.
- Pay all vehicle and court related fines as soon as you receive them
If you disagree with our notice, feel free to contact us.
Before You Call
Have the following ready in the event you need to call us:
- Your name, address, and social security number.
- Your bill/ notice number along with your banking information.
- Garnishments – have your employer’s/bank fax/contact information.
- Proof of payment (e.g. cancelled check, transaction number, etc).