ReadyReturn No Longer Available
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
December 23, 2014
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff that beginning January 2, 2015, we will no longer offer ReadyReturn. Taxpayers that inquire about ReadyReturn should be directed to CalFile.
Beginning with the 2012 tax year, we began including ReadyReturn’s best features in CalFile. All taxpayers who qualified for ReadyReturn also qualify for CalFile; therefore we will now only provide CalFile.
CalFile is a simple, easy-to-use service that offers free, direct e-filing of your tax return. CalFile offers the same features as ReadyReturn and more, such as the ability to:
- Import information to a tax return that we already have on record (similar to ReadyReturn).
- Save a partially completed tax return to finish later.
- Save a completed tax return to view or print later.
- File a tax return early in the tax year (beginning January 2nd).
- File a prior year tax return.
Encourage taxpayers to use CalFile.
- Taxpayers with an existing MyFTB Account can login and use CalFile.
- Taxpayers without an existing MyFTB Account who want to take advantage of the import feature must establish a CalFile Deluxe/MyFTB Account.
- First time filers or taxpayers who do not wish to import information can create a CalFile Basic account.
Taxpayers can also find more free options on our website and search for all online filing options.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later