Public Disclosure of Tax Delinquency Letters
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff we will mail 500 Notice of Public Disclosure of Tax Delinquency letters on February 15, 2013. We will send letters to the taxpayers owing the top 500 liened delinquencies of personal income (PIT) or business entity (BE) tax in excess of $100,000. We will publish the list on our public website during the week of April 8, 2013.
California Revenue and Taxation Code (R&TC) Section 19195 requires us to publicly disclose the names, addresses, and liened amounts owed by taxpayers liable for the top 500 delinquencies of PIT and BE tax in excess of $100,000.
We also include occupational or professional license information, including license number and status, and the names of principal corporate officers and their titles. This list is updated and published bi-annually.
In addition, on or after July 1, 2012, a taxpayer’s inclusion on this list:
- May cause the suspension or denial of occupational and professional licenses, including the taxpayer’s driver license, under Business and Professions Code Section 494.5.
- Will preclude California state agencies from entering into contracts for the acquisition of goods and services with the taxpayer under Public Contract Code 10295.4.
PIT and BE assigned collectors work these accounts. The accounts can be identified in the ARCS We Havewindow with one of the following comments:
- 2013 TOP500 Lt1
- 2013 TOP500 Lt2
- 2013 TOP500 LtBE1
- 2013 TOP500 LtBE2
Refer taxpayers who received a Notice of Public Disclosure of Tax Delinquency letter to:
- PIT: 888.426.8555
- BE: 888.426.8751
- ftb.ca.gov and search for top 500
Refer media contacts to:
- Public Affairs at 916.845.4800
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Forms and Publications
Tax Tables and Rate
Reports, Plans, and Statistics
- Executive Level Promotions and New Assignments
- Public Service Bulletins
- Schools' Partnership Program