Mailing 1099-G and 100-INT Forms for Calendar Year 2012 Campaign
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
Purpose of Bulletin
To inform staff that on January 8, 2013, the Accounts Receivable Management Division (ARM) is initiating a business entity broadcast message campaign.
Federal law requires us to mail one of the following to any taxpayer who received a refund or interest of $10 or more during 2012:
- FTB Form 1099-G, Report of State Income Tax Refund
- FTB Form 1099-INT, Statement of Interest Income
Form 1099-Gs are issued for a specific tax year.
Example: A taxpayer who received a refund in 2012 for overpayments on tax years 2010 and 2011 will receive two 1099-Gs, one for 2010 and one for 2011.
We issue one FTB Form 1099-INT for all interest paid during the 2012 calendar year.
Refunded or Not
We consider overpayments or interest income reported on FTB Forms 1099-G or 1099-INT “refunded” in the following situations:
- Paid directly to the taxpayer or directly deposited into a financial institution
- Offset for other liabilities, such as taxes, penalties, or interest
- Credited as an estimated tax payment
- Intercepted (offset) by a state, city or county agency, or the IRS
- Elected as a Use Tax payment
- Paid to voluntary contributions as designated by the taxpayer
We do not include the Child and Dependent Care Expense Credit claimed on the taxpayer’s return as a refunded amount.
Between January 15, 2013, and January 29, 2013, we will mail the following volume of forms:
- 5,492,611 FTB Forms 1099-G
- 95,383 FTB Forms 1099-INT
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Forms and Publications
Tax Tables and Rate
Reports, Plans, and Statistics
- Executive Level Promotions and New Assignments
- Public Service Bulletins
- Schools' Partnership Program