Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Processing Failure
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
Purpose of bulletin
To advise staff of an EFT processing failure and provide corrective procedures.
On December 28, 2012, an EFT processing error occurred and approximately 25,000 EFT transactions were not completed.
Because of our error, affected accounts will not default on their installment agreements for lack of payment. Taxpayers can expect their January payments to be processed as normal.
We are taking the following steps to correct the error:
- We are issuing a letter to affected taxpayers explaining the issue and requesting they voluntarily remit their December payment using one of our Web Pay options.
- This PSB will be posted on our website to inform affected taxpayers of the issue and request they voluntarily remit their December payment using one of our Web Pay options.
- If we receive the missed payment within 10 working days of the date of our letter, we will apply the payment with the effective date of December 28, 2012.
What to do if you are contacted by an affected taxpayer:
Request that they voluntarily remit the missed payment using one of our Web Pay options available at ftb.ca.gov to avoid further interest accrual.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Forms and Publications
Tax Tables and Rate
Reports, Plans, and Statistics
- Executive Level Promotions and New Assignments
- Public Service Bulletins
- Schools' Partnership Program