Secure Email Upgrade
FTB Archive Disclaimer: Archived content is not current and may contain broken links. It remains online for historical reference or research. The search function above allows you to search archived and current content separately. If you need archived content in a different format, contact us.
Purpose of bulletin
To inform staff on November 27, 2011, we will upgrade our Secure Email service.
We have been using secure email to send encrypted confidential information to external customers since 2010. Secure email is a fast, cost effective, and secure way to communicate confidential proprietary information to our external customers. We are upgrading the Secure Email service because our current version will no longer receive support from the vendor.
Secure email upgrade
- No change in the way staff sends or receives email to and from external customers
- Current external customers must reregister for secure email
- New look with improved easier to use web-based interface
- November 9 through November 27, outgoing secure email will contain a message notifying customers of important upgrade information
- After November 27, 2011, customers will no longer have access to open secure email sent before the upgrade; they will be redirected to a website advising them to contact the sender
Federal Tax Information (FTI)
The Internal Revenue Service prohibits emailing federal tax information (FTI) to customers, encrypted or not.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Forms and Publications
Tax Tables and Rate
Reports, Plans, and Statistics
- Executive Level Promotions and New Assignments
- Public Service Bulletins
- Schools' Partnership Program