Franchise Tax Board Promotes Conservation
Released July 10, 2008
Sacramento--The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) today hosted its second annual Green Fair where hundreds of employees spent their lunch hour learning about conservation efforts and “green options” at work and home.
"The Franchise Tax Board is actively working to help reduce the carbon footprint of State administration,” said State Controller and FTB Chair John Chiang.
FTB was recently awarded the United States Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Award for its headquarters complex, which features solar panels on the roof, energy efficient chillers, and landscaping that filters runoff water.
Nearly 40 percent of FTB employees commute using alternative transportation. The Department has also been named one of Sacramento Region’s Best Workplaces for Commuters by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
FTB employees brought in TVs, computers, cell phones, VCRs, papers, batteries, and ink cartridges for proper disposal at today’s event, which included nearly 40 exhibitors (see list below).
- 50 Corridor TMA
- Air Resources Board
- Alternate Transportation
- Breathe California of Sacramento - Emigrant Trails
- Bicycle Users Group
- California Coastal Commission
- California Integrated Waste Management
- Davis Electric Cars
- Department of Conservation
- Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Automotive Repair
- Department of General Services
- Department of Water Resources
- Enterprise Rideshare
- Fuel Cell Partnership
- Golden 1 Credit Union
- Green Technology
- Keep California Beautiful
- Regional Transit
- Resource Area for Teaching
- Sacramento County Waste Management
- Recycling Department
- Sacramento Tree Foundation
- Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality District
- Sierra Club Sacramento Group
- VPSI Inc
- YES! Solar Solutions
- Ynot Recycle/SMART Kids, Kinney High School
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later